Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Talking Through T-Shirts!

Who knew you could say so much without any words? Well, my latest assignment made me realize just how fun and easy that can be. This week we were asked to design our own t-shirt to answer a few simple questions about ourselves. The only rule was that the shirt could not contain any letters or numbers. All of the questions had to be answered through use of a symbol, drawing, or clip art! I really enjoyed this project because it forced me to think outside the box. Although I was skeptical at first, I had a lot of fun finding unique ways to visually represent and my thoughts on a particular question. Social Studies has a lot to do with your culture and your historical background so I thought this was a great way to give others an idea of where you're coming from and what you have experienced. 


The questions that we were asked to answer were:
  1. What are the countries of your heritage?
  2. What SS teaching or similar experiences have you had?
  3. What has made you proud?
  4. What makes you anxious about teaching? 
Here is my t-shirt design! 

1 comment:

  1. I like how your blog is so organized! it was creative to use a blank tshirt then show your completed tshirt at the bottom. It is great how it made your think about the box and that you had fun with it.

    ReplyDelete